Thursday, October 4, 2012

I am... 2.0

So, I tried this yesterday and realized after I read about 20 others that I was REALLY down on myself. Since the "rules" of this self love exercise are no editing and proofreading I felt I owed it to myself to sit for 5 minutes today and write a 2.0 version. It's the least I could do for ME, right? The, "I suck" one is still available, deleting would be editing of course, but you can ignore it. I'm thinking I might do this once each week. Just for the much needed morale boost I so often need!

I got this idea yesterday from You Know it Happens at Your House Too but as I clicked through links to other blogs I saw an origination point at Jana's Thinking Place and many "I am" posts at the end of hers. Click the picture to read....


I hope, whether you have a blog or not, you will try it out and post your response in my comments! It's actually quite therapeutic, which is what this little blog is all about :)

The rules are pretty straight forward....
1. Set your timer for 5 minutes. I'm good setting timers in this house for the many time outs experienced daily!
2. As I said, no proofreading, editing, etc. I'll be honest though, I'm going to cheat just a bit because I suck at spelling and can't deal with mucho spelling errors in one of my posts. I'll get all sorts of anxiety and end up proofing it and editing it altogether and being a big rule breaker so just a quick spell, I won't edit. Promise.
3. Post it somewhere, somewhere just as a reminder for you is great, but I of course would prefer you post it right here and share it with us!
Oh, you can write an into, obviously not part of the time limit :)

K. Got it? My timer is ready. Nope, wait, daughter just snagged my phone.

Ok, now we are set.....

I am a mom. It's the hardest thing I've ever done but boy do my kids bring me such joy.

I am a wife.

I am a daughter. My mom is my best friend and the one person in my life I can always count on.

I am a friend. If you're my friend, my true friend, I would do anything for you. I may not talk to my true friends often but they are always in my heart.

I am loyal to the people and things I love.

I am passionate and will fight with all I have and yell from the mountaintops if I feel an injustice has occurred

I am compassionate and feel empathy for everything, even those nasty little spiders I squash or the sad faces of the opposing team losing.

I am a proud Penn Stater.

I am a person who believes if you set your mind to something you can do anything. Or nearly anything. I overcame an eating disorder as a teenager and have never looked back.

I am someone who gets angry easily but I am working on it everyday.

I am a yogi.

I am a Jew.

I am a dreamer and a thinker but given the chance I will do whatever it takes to put those dreams and thoughts into action

I am always striving to be a better me. It's what I think life is all about.

7 seconds left, yikes.... I am growing. An old motto from recovery days... I am free to be ME!

Your turn! And yes. I am definitely going to make this a weekly thing. No, I won't fill my blog up with 3.0 and 4.0 I Am posts but this is too wonderful. We must love ourselves if we are to love others or be loved.


1 comment:

  1. This is even more amazing!!! Thank you for sharing this..I am going to try this in my journal tonight, thank you! xo Gabi

    ReplyDelete

Namaste!
Jaci