Friday, March 8, 2013

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Very Much (as I take a bow)

I always thought it would be so cool to have a bunch of buttons of the blog awards I've been honored with, like I see on other bloggers pages. Then I thought, well damn, I don't even know how to grab those darn buttons anyway! But it would still be pretty cool to know at least someone thinks my blog rocks.

Well guess what?! Someone does! Last week I received a message from  Risa at Count My Blessings that I was nominated for the Liebster award. I was pretty psyched. Which you may not think so since this was LAST WEEK, but I swear I was... and still am!

The thing is, I was already working on my who am I, who are you post, with my hell hath no fury in in the works. I was a blogging machine! Then I was away all weekend to celebrate my boy's 2nd bday. The husband is out of the country all week and sooooo, I'm just getting around to accepting this award, which I am quite honored to receive.

Here's how it works. I've got some more questions to answer. Eleven to be exact. Some overlap from my recent post, sorry. Then I have to come up with my own 11 questions and then nominate some blogger peeps I feel worthy of this award. Eleven again. Only issue is, I tend to follow pretty popular blogs and this is more for the "up and comers". And, a number of those with less than a couple hundred followers that I do follow have already received this honor. Guess I have some good taste in blogs to follow, huh?! So, I'll nominate the few I can and if I find some more awesomeness out there, I'll just tag them later. Sound good? Good. Here we go.


1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
Copy and pasting this one...
To keep my self talk from driving me completely insane and to connect with others who are going through similar experiences. I do this for both support and to hopefully help others through being honest about how I am dealing with this thing called life. Before being a mommy I was a therapist (mental health), so it's in my blood to want to help if I can. I also love how we are all connected in some way and blogging often reminds me of that!

2. What is your all time favorite book?
Copy and pasting this one too...
I like easy reads. I LOVE the Harry Potter series and Twilight, Hunger Games and Girl trilogies. I mean LOVE in that I get completely obsessed with them. I ignore my kids, housework, everything... even have the book in front of me while I cook, eat and use the potty. I would put them down to shower and drive, though considered getting them on CD for those purposes.

Recently I loved reading How Yoga Works during my teacher training. I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone.

3. If you could meet any famous person, who would it be and why?
Elie Wiesel. I heard him speak while in college and I was mesmerized. By his story, his struggle for survival, his determination to better the world after the trials he faced and most of all, his forgiveness and faith. There are fewer and fewer Holocaust survivors still alive and while I've been in the same room with many survivors of the Shoah before, I've never sat down and had a one on one conversation with any of these people. To me, these survivors epitomize the Jewish plight for survival as a people and it would be an honor to sit and talk with him for a bit.

4. Who is the person that inspires you the most?
That clear from #3, no? Elie Wiesel... and Mother Teresa. And my mom... all single parents really. It's remarkable what they can do.

5. What is your dream job?
Oh, I have a few....of course I do.
1. Just finished my certification for one of them and have slowly started some work as a yoga teacher. Would love to continue that training though and become a yoga therapy instructor.
2. Running a college campus counseling center. Or even just being a therapist at one.
3. A relief worker. Traveling to foreign countries that are in need of aid. Any type of aid.

6. What is your favorite thing about being a parent?
Getting to see their wonder of life and innocence. Their giggles are rather intoxicating too.

7. What do you do to unwind?
Yoga, blog, go to Target or grocery shopping sans kids.

8. Do you think of Facebook (and other social networking sites like Twitter) as a good thing or a bad thing? Why?
Both.

Good. I have friends and family all over the country. World actually. It allows me to stay in contact because finding time to call and actually be able to hear who's on the other line is nearly impossible.

Bad. So many lies and misinformation is put out there at the speed of light and once it's out there it's hard to take it back. People believe these things and I feel like we are becoming a more ignorant society from it.

9. What is your all time favorite TV show?
Hmmm. Obviously has changed over the years. My favorite at 5 was different at 12, 22 and now! But I'd have to go with Rosewell. Damn, Felicity is up there too. And Friends...

10. Where do you want to be in 5 years?
No matter as long as my husband is sober.

11. What is your guilty pleasure?
Cupcakes and Lattes.

My questions...

1. Do you love to win or hate to lose?
2. Why do you blog?
3. What's one thing you wish was different about the world?
4. What's your favorite quality about yourself?
5. If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
6. If you could live anywhere, no extenuating circumstances holding you back, where would it be and why?
7. What's your favorite thing to do in your free time? ...if you have free time :)
8. Would you want to be famous, why or why not?
9. If you could reincarnate as an animal, what would you be?
10. What's your idea of a dream vacation?
11. What's something you try your best to avoid?

And my nominations for the Liebster Award go to....


Martha Stewart Doesn't Live Here
HumanMama
Non-StopMom



Some may have already got this award but didn't have it listed on their page. Either way, they are all great and deserving...check them out :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to finally read your post! You're a busy lady! Happy birthday to your little one! :) Eli Weisel is definitely a famous person that I have not heard many say that they would want to meet but he would be a really interesting person to talk to and hear about his experiences and perseverance through everything. Thanks for your post! I enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete

Namaste!
Jaci